Debates/Discussion in CriminologyWriting a 1,050-1,400 word letter in which I have to assume
the role of any modern United States senator. The letter has to be directed to
the Congress of the United States. In it, either defend the use of the
exclusionary rule, or explain why the exclusionary rule was not intended to be
used as an enforcement technique for violations of the Fourth Amendment. In the
* Define the scope and limitations of the Fourth Amendment.
* Explain what you think should happen if the police conduct
an illegal search and seizure: Should the evidence be allowed or excluded from
trail? Should police be granted certain exceptions in using illegally obtained
evidence? Why or why not?
* Identify and cite case examples that support your
* If you argue that the exclusionary rule should be
abolished, propose an alternative for deterring police misconduct.
* Cite sources according to APA requirements.