Cause and Effect Argument Essay Assignment
Choose a trend or phenomenon related to the sale, trade, or donation of human organs. The trend or phenomenon should have a definable set of causes and effects. Write a 1,500–1,750-word argument using five to seven academic resourcesthat persuades an audience to accept your explanation of the causes and effects of your chosen trend or phenomenon related to the sale, trade, or donation of human organs.
Imagine your issue either as a puzzle or as a disagreement. If your issue is like a puzzle that needs to be put together, your task will be to create a convincing case for an audience that does not have an answer to your cause and effect question already in mind. If your issue is like a disagreement that needs to be resolved, your argument must be overtly persuasive because your goal will be to change your audience’s views.
Be sure to examine alternative hypotheses or opposing views and explain your reasons for rejecting them.
This essay is NOT a CASUAL essay. Instead, it is a cause and effectessay. A cause and effect essay explains the causes and effects of a trend or phenomenon involving the sale, trade, or donation of human organs.
First Draft Grading
· You will receive completion points for the first draft based upon the successful submission of a complete draft.
· Because your first draft is a completion grade, do not assume that this grade reflects or predicts the final grade. If you do not consider your instructor’s comments, you may be deducted points on your final draft.
Final Draft Grading
The essay will be graded using a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations.
· Include in-text citations and a references page in GCU Style forFIVE to SEVENscholarly sources outside of class texts.
· These sources should be used to support any claims you make and should be present in the text of the essay.
· Use the GCU Library to help you find sources.
· Include this research in the paper in a scholarly manner.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
· You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
· Please be sure your Turnitin score is at an acceptable level before submitting the draft to your instructor.
Submit the rough draft of this assignment to your instructor in the assignment drop box AND post this draft as an attachment in theModule 4 Peer Review Forum: Cause and Effect by Day 3 of Week 4.