1) a. What is a tandem repeat region?
b. Draw or paste a labeled figure illustrating tandem repeat region structure into the box below.
2) How many primers are used in this CSI DNA profiling investigation and why?
3) How are the mini- or microsatellites amplified if they are repeated throughout the genome?
4) List the components of a typical PCR reaction and their purpose (you may alter the table below to contain more or fewer components).
5) Identify and describe each of the labels in the table below the figure.
6) How are the CSI investigation PCR reaction products assessed?
7) What is a DNA ladder and what is its purpose?
8) What is the theory behind the electrophoresis in the CSI investigation lab?
9) How are the CSI PCR products visualized?
10) Provide a detailed description of the unique polymerase used in the CSI PCR reactions.
11) What is sterile technique?
12) Why is sterile technique important with PCR?