1. __________ is the code of moral principles
and values that govern the behaviors of a person or group with respect to what
is right or wrong.
2. When values and standards are written into
the legal system, it is referred to as ______.
3. A(n) ________ arises in a situation when each
alternative choice or behavior is undesirable because of potentially harmful
4. The ________ is an individual responsible for
making an ethical choice.
5. The ethical concept that moral behaviors
produce the greatest good for the greatest number is referred to as ________
6. The _________ approach contends that acts are
moral when they promote the individual's best long-term interests.
7. The _________ approach asserts that human
beings have fundamental rights and liberties that cannot be taken away by an
8. The ________ approach holds that moral
decisions must be based on standards of equity, fairness, and impartiality.
9. __________ justice requires that different
treatment of people not be based on arbitrary characteristics.
10. ________ justice requires that rules should be clearly stated and
consistently and impartially enforced.
11. ________ justice argues that individuals should be compensated for
the cost of their injuries by the party responsible.
12. At the _________ level of personal moral development, individuals
are most concerned with external rewards and punishments.
13. People learn to conform to the expectations of good behavior that
are set by peers and society at the _________ level.
14. Individuals at the __________ level are guided by an internal set
of values and standards and will even disobey rules or laws that violate these
15. Most managers operate at the _________ level.