Due Week 4 and
worth 100 points
Imagine that you
are the administrator for a small accounting company, which currently employees
200 people. The CEO announces a merger that would double the number employees
to 400. Your current network design is as follows:
- 200 host machines running Windows 8 with
10/100 auto sensing NIC
- 9 Cisco Catalyst 2960 Switches (100 Mb)
- 1 Cisco Router
- Category 5 Ethernet cabling
- Class C network address (supporting 254
Write a two to three
(2-3) page proposal in which you:
- Recommend one (1) strategy to upgrade the
company’s current infrastructure to support the new / additional
- Recommend one (1) strategy to create a
- Recommend one (1) new network address that
will allow you to scale your network in the event of additional
- Design the new addressing scheme for the
network through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Visio or an open
source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted
solution is not included in the required page length.
must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New
Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and
references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title
of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course
title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not
included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio
or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be
imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Summarize the basic components and media of
network systems and distinguish between Local Area Networks (LANs),
Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs), and Wide Area Networks (WANs).
- Compare, contrast, create, and assign IP
addresses to Class A, B, C, D, and E networks.
- Use technology and information resources to
research issues in Internetworking.
- Write clearly and concisely about basic
internetworking using proper writing mechanics and technical style
Grading for this
assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper,
and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.