Due Week 10 and worth 200 points Tony’s Chips has recently been sold to a new independent company. The new company has hired you to manage a project that will move the old Website from an externally hosted solution to an internal one. The company’s leadership is very concerned about redundancy for their site, insisting that a back-up site be available as a failover in case the main site goes down. In addition, they want the site redesigned to allow customers to order products online.
As part of your job, you must complete a 10-to-15 page paper that follows this project through the system development life cycle (SDLC). This assignment will require you to do the following:
- Discuss what it will take to build a Web architecture, move an existing Website with minimal downtime, and provide a disaster recovery solution to ensure the site is always available.
- The Web architecture should describe and justify operating system choices (i.e., Linux, Apache, MYSQL, PHP, Windows, IIS, SQL, etc.).
- Evaluate alternatives to the company self-hosting the site.
- Build a Gantt chart using Microsoft Project or equivalent software, showing all tasks associated with implementing the Website.
- The chart should include a minimum of five (5) tasks, each with three (3) sub-tasks.
- Explain and justify the system architecture you have selected.
- Illustrate the system architecture using Visio or equivalent software.
- Create a use case that documents the event of a customer ordering a bag of chips from the new Website.
- The use case should include a graphical representation using Visio or equivalent software and a text description of the events.
- Discuss the support operations that the internally hosted Website will require after implementation.
- Explain how you will evaluate the performance of the new site and the success of your project.
The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Design high-level logical system characteristics (user interface design, design of data, and information requirements).
- Use contemporary CASE tools in process and data modeling.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and development.
- Write clearly and concisely about Systems Analysis and Development topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.