LEG500 Assignment 2: The Value of Digital Privacy in an Information Technology Age
Research Websites and other technologies that provide private information on U.S. citizens.
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
- List and describe at least three (3) technologies that allow an individual to research citizens’ private data.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of public access to this information, both for the researchers and those who are being “ investigated”.
- Determine what measures citizens can take to protect private information or information they do not want to be disclosed.
- Discuss a federal law that grants the federal government the legal right to make private information on U.S. citizens available to the public, and whether or not you agree with this law.
- Determine whether there are “electronic privacy laws” that can prevent others from having access to “private information” as well as how effective they are.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze employee and consumer privacy under the law.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in law, ethics, and corporate governance.
- Write clearly and concisely about law, ethics, and corporate governance using proper writing mechanics.