- Discuss scientific and technical concepts related to DNA profiling. Consider the following:
- Describe how a sample of DNA is collected and prepared for study.
- State the steps involved in determining the DNA sequence of a sample.
- Discuss one type of DNA sequencing and the steps involved in that method.
- Provide an example of the application of DNA profiling and discuss its efficacy related to this particular application. Consider the following:
- Why is DNA testing important to this application?
- What questions are addressed in this application?
- What are the unique steps or techniques in this application that must be followed for it to be effective?
- What alternative methods might be employed to address the same questions that can be answered via DNA testing?
Provide a minimum of two scholarly references. These scholarly references should be peer reviewed and from authoritative sources.
Write your initial response in 2–3 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.