.strayer.edu/webapps/blackboard/execute/uploadAssignment?content_id=_13374976_1&course_id=_129038_1&assign_group_id=&mode=view">Week 9 Assignment 2 Submission
Click the link above to submit your
Students, please view the
"Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment" in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Lending Institutions,
Health Care, and Human Capital
Due Week 9 and worth 200 points
Use the Internet to research one (1)
developing nation of your choice. Your research should include an examination
of lending institutions, health care, and human capital, as well as the
material covered by the Webtext and lectures in Weeks 6 through 9.
Write a three to four (3-4) page
research paper in which you:
- Explore whether or not funding from international
lending institutions like the World Bank and the IMF are helping or
hindering the social, economic, or political development of the country
that you have selected. Support your response with examples.
- Discuss, with examples, at least four (4) substantive
ways in which a healthy population strengthens the economy of the country
that you have selected.
- Ascertain the degree to which the leadership of your
chosen country has used foreign aid to improve its health care system.
Support your response with concrete examples.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in
this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and other nonacademic
websites do not qualify as academic resources. Approval of resources is at
the instructor's discretion. Resources must also be within the last seven
When referencing the selected
resources, please use the following format:
- Name of the author. Name of title. Retrieved from
Understanding Development [Webtext]. Retrieved from.webtexts.com/courses/9218-cathey">http://www.webtexts.com/courses/9218-cathey.
- Name of the Author. Name of the lecture [lecture
type]. Retrieved from lecture url.
University. (2013). Understanding Development [PowerPoint slides]. Retrieved
- Author's Name. (Date of publication). Title of the
resource. Retrieved from website url.
Eric. (2014). Portraits of people living on a dollar a day. Retrieved
Your assignment must follow these
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font
(size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references
must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for
any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning
outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine how human capital is used and what effect
gender disparity has on these decisions.
- Determine what role health plays in developing
- Examine the role that the International Monetary Fund
and World Bank play in transfers and the conditions they set to effect
- Use technology and information resources to research
issues in sociology of developing countries.
- Write clearly and concisely about sociology of
developing countries using proper writing mechanics.