Identify, specifically, the ethical issue and the ethical problems it presents. Drawing on various sources, explain how one of the classical theories (utilitarianism, deontology, virtue ethics) would resolve the problem. Then, contrast this response with the perspective brought to the issue by relativism, emotivism, or ethical egoism. Finally, state which of these views is closer to your own, supporting your response with a clearly-presented and well-supported argument. The more specific you can be the better, and feel free to include examples that will strengthen your account.
- Physician Assisted Suicide
- Corporate Contributions to Political Campaigns
- Ethical Treatment of Prisoners
- The Media and Its Responsibilities
- Gay Marriage
- Health Care: Right or Privilege
- Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Ethical Problems of Gambling
- Progressive Taxation Rates
- Following Military Orders That May Be Unethical
- Age Restrictions on Alcohol Relative to Military Eligibility
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA (6th edition) style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must use at least five academic resources in addition to the required text, at least two of which are found in Ashford Online Library. Wikipedia is an example of a source that is NOT acceptable.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of Paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must include a Reference Page that is completed according to APA (6th edition) style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.