Solving Quadratic Equations
In this discussion, you will solve quadratic equations by two main methods: factoring and using the Quadratic Formula.
Read the following instructions in order and view the.
pdf">exampleto complete this discussion:
- Find the problems assigned to you in the table below.
|If the third letter of your last name is||On page 636, solve the following problem by factoring||Solve the following problem by using the Quadratic Formula|
|A or L||46||48 on p. 646|
|B or K||88||46 on p. 646|
|C or J||84||44 on p. 646|
|D or I||10||20 on p. 646|
|E or H||8||18 on p. 646|
|F or G||6||16 on p. 646|
|M or Z||38||48 on p. 636|
|N or Y||40||50 on p. 636|
|O or X||42||52 on p. 636|
|P or W||44||54 on p. 636|
|Q or V||80||56 on p. 637|
|R or U||2||78 on p. 637|
|S or T||4||82 on p. 637|
- For the factoring problem, be sure you show all steps to the factoring and solving. Show a check of your solutions back into the original equation.
- For the Quadratic Formula problem, be sure that you use readable notation while you are working the computational steps. Refer to.next.ecollege.com/pub/content/4524e04a-7e47-47ea-9741-d52d2a1bcf2e/MAT222.InsertingSymbolsJobAid.pdf">Inserting Math Symbolsfor guidance with formatting.
- Present your final solutions as decimal approximations carried out to the third decimal place. Due to the nature of these solutions, no check is required.
- Incorporate the following four math vocabulary words into your discussion. Useboldfont to emphasize the words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.):
- Quadratic formula
- Completing the square
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.
Ashford 5: - Week 4 - AssignmentReal World Quadratic FunctionsRead the following instructions to complete this assignment:
For information regarding APA samples and tutorials
- Solve problem 56 on pages 666-667 ofElementary and Intermediate Algebra.
- Write a two- to three-page paper (not including the title page) that is formatted in APA style and according to the.next.ecollege.com/pub/content/1c2b6abb-9bc5-4685-9a0f-eb795e810198/MAT221.Writing_Guide.pdf">Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the.next.ecollege.com/pub/content/231f2698-f08c-4ba0-b218-d0a30feda6bc/MAT222.W4.AssignmentExample.pdf">example, and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, do the following:
- Refer to the graph you sketched for problem 56. Describe the basic shape of the graph and where it is located in the Cartesian plane. Describe what the graph represents.
- Demonstrate your solution for both the number of clerks that will maximize the profit as well as the total maximum profit possible, making sure to include all mathematical work and an explanation for each step.
- Analyze why this information is important for managers to know, and explain what could happen if the ideal conditions were not met.