Week 6 - What are the procedural steps at trial
WK 6 NOTES
6-1 What are the procedural steps at trial? What is the significance of the procedural steps? How do these steps vary within the United States?
6-2 How does an individual become qualified to be an expert witness? What types of testimony may an expert witness offer in court? Should we limit the opportunity to present expert witnesses in court? Why?
Insanity Defense (to be done on APA without abstract attachment)
In 750-1,000 words, discuss the following:
1. Identify the different forms for the insanity defense.
2. Identify the most common insanity defense applied by the States.
3. Describe how often the insanity defense raised.
4. Discuss how a criminal defendant assessed for insanity.
5. Describe how a psychologist would be utilized as an expert witness to prove or disprove an insanity defense.
Use three to five scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
7-1 Define appeal. What can be appealed? What is reviewed on appeal?
Solution: Week 6 - What are the procedural steps at trial