Soc 315 week 3
Question # 00001541 Posted By: Updated on: 09/24/2013 03:03 PM Due on: 09/26/2013
- Individual Assignment: Media Reaction
- Resource:CompletedMulticultural Matrix and Analysis Worksheet
- Writea 1,050 word reaction to a media piece focusing on a current political issue relating to immigration. Possible media pieces include an article, a video or audio clip, a television show, a book, a documentary, or a movie.
- Researchthe issue of your media piece.
- Addressthe following:
- What is the historical framework of this issue?
- What is the political context of this issue?
- What message does the media piece attempt to portray? Was the media coverage biased or unbiased? Was the issuesensationalized or portrayed objectively?
- How might the media coverage affect the public’s perception of this issue? Does it encourage or discourage prejudice, discrimination, and stereotyping?
- How might this issue affect the U.S. economy and labor force?
- If you were a manager affected by this issue and its media coverage, what inclusion strategies from this week’s reading might you implement to moderate the media’s effect on your employees and to promote inclusion in the workplace?
- Includeat least two scholarly references from outside sources in your research.
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.