CSU bos3640 Unit III Assignment
For this assignment, compose an essay about the concept of chemical incompatibility including practical
information involving two common chemical products.
Choose bleach (a base) and another household chemical product that is an acid and review the product labels. You can
access product labels and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information on the Internet. Then:
- Record each product's chemical formulation.
- Review Section 7 of the product SDS and summarize that information as it relates to the chemical incompatibility and
storage of the bleach and the other product that you chose.
- Next, you will use the U.S. EPA Chemical Mixing Compatibility Chart and comment on any chemical incompatibilities
associated with the product/chemical(s) that you selected.
- Include such information as the chemical reactions that could occur if the two products some how became mixed with one another
during an emergency response incident.
- Also,identify how the chemical properties, uses, and other unique hazards of these two products can affect the tasks and
safety of first responders to an emergency response incident.
- Summarize and compare the usefulness of the SDS information and the compatibility chart.
- Include a discussion on how you intend to use chemical incompatibility information to keep your workplace or home safe.
Your response must be at least one page in length. You are required to cite the SDS and the U.S. EPA Chemical Mixing
Compatibility Chart in your response. You must cite at least three sources in your response.