business managment data bank
SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
143. A strategy intended to achieve fair employment by urging employers to hire certain groups of people who were discriminated against in the past is referred to as _______.
144. The law that requires the same pay for men and women who do the same job in the same organization is called the _______.
145. _______ is the section of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that applies to employment decisions and mandates that employment decisions not be based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
146. _______ is discrimination that occurs when individuals are treated differently because of their membership in a protected class.
147. Discrimination that occurs when the equal application of an employment standard has an unequal effect on one or more protected classes is referred to as _______.
148. A characteristic that must be present in all employees for a particular job is called a(n) _______.
149. _______ is harassment that occurs when sexual activity is required in return for getting or keeping a job or job-related benefit.
150. Fines awarded to a plaintiff in order to punish the defendant are called _______.
151. A policy with which all federal agencies and organizations doing business with the federal government must comply is referred to as a(n) _______.
152. The law forbidding employment discrimination against people with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation is the _______.
153. Job duties that each person in a certain position must do or must be able to do to be an effective employee are referred to as _______.
154. _______ is an action taken to accommodate the known disabilities of applicants or employees so that disabled persons enjoy equal employment opportunity.
155. _______ is an attempt to reach a negotiated settlement between the employer and an employee or applicant in an EEO case.
156. The federal agency responsible for monitoring and enforcing the laws and executive orders that apply to the federal government and its contractors is referred to as the _______.
157. _______ is discrimination against a nonprotected-class member resulting from attempts to recruit and hire members of protected classes.