Ashford BUS 311 Week 3 and 5 assignment
Week 3 Assignment
Final Paper Prep. Review the assignment requirements for the Final Paper in Week 5. In a one to two page APA-formatted paper address the following:
1. Thesis statement
2. Topic of your paper
3. Outline the major headings
4. One article from your literature review using the Annotated Bibliography Guidelines below:
a. State the complete bibliographic citation for the article using APA format
b. Provide a summary/abstract/annotation of the article, which means to list the major topics discussed in the article.
BUS311 Week 5 Final Research Paper
Focus of the Final Paper
The Final Research Paper should address a topic that is connected to the content of this course (elements and requirements of a valid contract; issues related to real and personal property; intellectual property; employment law; and/or, international law and the global marketplace.) This paper should focus on a legal issue or situation that relates to a business environment or activity with a focus on the legal impact technology has on this issue. Ideally, this topic would concern a matter that you have experienced or that you have knowledge of; however, this not a requirement, only a suggestion. Apply the legal concepts and ethical considerations discussed in this course to your chosen topic. At a minimum this paper should include: A detailed description of the topic. An analytical discussion of the legal issues that are involved. This would entail examining the issue from different viewpoints. A discussion of ethical considerations (Remember: What is legal may not be ethical). A discussion of the legal impact technology has on this issue. A well defined and logically stated argument to support your position. This would include any suggestion or ideas for improvement in this area of law. Four research sources, two of which must be from the Ashford Library.
The paper also needs to meet the writing requirements that are set out below under “Writing the Final Research Paper."
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. That is, what is your response to the content, either positive or negative, and then defend your position. If multiple options/alternatives/positions are present and are being rejected you must also defend the reasons for rejecting an option
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
7. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.