accounts data bank
53. What’s the present value of $1,525 discounted back 5 years if the appropriate interest rate is 6%, compounded monthly?
54. Master Card and other credit card issuers must by law print the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on their monthly statements. If the APR is stated to be 18.00%, with interest paid monthly, what is the card's EFF%?
55. Riverside Bank offers to lend you $50,000 at a nominal rate of 6.5%, compounded monthly. The loan (principal plus interest) must be repaid at the end of the year. Midwest Bank also offers to lend you the $50,000, but it will charge an annual rate of 7.0%, with no interest due until the end of the year. How much higher or lower is the effective annual rate charged by Midwest versus the rate charged by Riverside?
56. Suppose Community Bank offers to lend you $10,000 for one year at a nominal annual rate of 8.00%, but you must make interest payments at the end of each quarter and then pay off the $10,000 principal amount at the end of the year. What is the effective annual rate on the loan?
57. Suppose a bank offers to lend you $10,000 for 1 year on a loan contract that calls for you to make interest payments of $250.00 at the end of each quarter and then pay off the principal amount at the end of the year. What is the effective annual rate on the loan?
58. Charter Bank pays a 4.50% nominal rate on deposits, with monthly compounding. What effective annual rate (EFF%) does the bank pay?
59. Suppose your credit card issuer states that it charges a 15.00% nominal annual rate, but you must make monthly payments, which amounts to monthly compounding. What is the effective annual rate?
60. Pace Co. borrowed $20,000 at a rate of 7.25%, simple interest, with interest paid at the end of each month. The bank uses a 360-day year. How much interest would Pace have to pay in a 30-day month?