9 cardiovascular physiology questions (undergraduate work)
Question # 00004933 Posted By: Updated on: 12/08/2013 11:56 AM Due on: 12/09/2013
- The following questions need to be answered. I don't have a work limit that is needed. I just need the questions to be answered accuately. I would estimate it could take 4 pages.
- Describe the changes in membrane structure and ion flux which are responsible for each phase of the slow response action potential.
- Describe the effect of calcium channel blockers (verapamil and nifedipine) on the slow response action potential.
- Describe the mechanism of action potential propagation in cardiac muscle fibers including the role of the intercalated disc in the process.
- Define the terms: automoticty, rhythmicity, and pacemaker.
- Describe the origin, structure and function of the S. A. node.
- Describe the ionic basis of automoticity.
- Describe the conduction of the cardiac excitation impulse through the atria and explain why it does not pass directly into the ventricles.
- Describe the structure and function of each of the following parts of the A. V. node: AN region, N region, NH region.
- Describe the ventricle conducting system and explain the sequence of cardiac excitation and contraction.