Week-2 SWOT analysis
This is a team project
For this week, think about the organization you picked to research for the SWOT Analysis paper that is due at the end of Week Three. Think about how you will research and find the pertinent information you will need to conduct and provide an accurate SWOT Analysis on that organization. Read over the Week Two Tutorial, the Week Two lecture, chapter eight and consider the topics covered this week before answering this week's Checkpoint questions.
The Checkpoint is worth 75 points.
- Below are three essay type questions (worth 25 points each).
- Each of your three responses should be a minimum of 200 words in length.
- Please be sure to include in-text (parenthetical) citations where required, in APA format.
- You are required to use valid resources to support your viewpoint.
- You cannot use Wikipedia or another type of information sharing web site as sources for the SWOT.
You must use the template in dosharing
List at least FIVE sources you will use to obtain information about the firm’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Discuss what categories of the SWOT elements of information are readily available on the Internet. What categories of data are difficult or impossible to find on the Internet? (When using the Internet, be sure to provide specific websites or URLs.)
Rate, from the best to the worst, each of the sources you indicated in #1 above as being sources you will use in your analysis in terms of its probable reliability. Discuss the steps and/or actions you can take to validate the reliability and accuracy of the information you obtain.
As a manager, how confident would you be in basing strategic decisions on the information that you’ve obtained online for the SWOT? What other sources of information can you use to effectively complete the SWOT analysis?